Tuesday, July 17, 2007

X-Mas






I am not exactly what one would call, erm, employable. In fact I have always sort of disliked making resumes, not because it is boring, but because it is when I have to come to grips with the fact that my employment history is a catalogue of embarassment. It is partially my dislike for seeking employment that leads me into these jobs (2 weeks at Jamba Juice, professional box cutter, "tutor," &c) and then the list of shitty jobs grows and-voila- here I am typing this in a cramped side-room at my friend's dad's house, getting paid to sort Christmas CDs. I am not joking. The man only has two piles of CDs, Christmas CDs and non-Christmas CDs. It is actually quite outstanding. My favorite one that I have found is Mannheim Steamroller. For those of you whose parents were not the biggest dweebs of all time, Mannheim is a sort of synth band from when "synth band" didn't mean Orgy. They pretty much just made Christmas music to my knowledge and, I swear to god, it is the most god awful crap I have ever heard. When I was a kid, though, I would beg for them to put that shit on and then just lay in front of the speakers and let the computer version of ode to joy pour over my virgin ears. It is times like this that I have to pat myself on the back for somehow becoming so rad, in spite of the Mannheim Steamroller and the short shorts. Then again, I am sitting in a side-room sorting some dude's CDs, so I guess that is not that rad.

PS Maybe we should have a serious discussion about that picture of me sometime. Just sayin.

No comments: