Saturday, August 4, 2007

Clever Post Title


corcovado mist
Originally uploaded by napalm nabuco
My brain is a bit broiled from a long night at Alex's Bar in Long Beach and a long morning of buying deck shoes (more on that later), so I am not up to my usual tomfoolery. I also–oddly–am not in the mood for loud ass, explicit dance music. Hmm...Here is what I have been listening to.

Alva Noto & Ryuichi Sakamoto-Aurora

A deep tissue massage for your brain.
Alva Noto, as best as I can gather, is some German dude who is famous for his glitchy, math-inspired soundscapes. Apparently he straight up writes algorithms and shit. That sounds serious. Ryuichi Sakamoto is a classically trained pianist who does tons of minimal movie music and electronic ish. He is also responsible for the music in the Derrida movie, something that I have forgiven him for, and you should, too. If you have a chance, he also recorded two albums of Jobim songs with Morelenbaum 2, a band composed of Paula and Jacques Morelenbaum. Jacques does a lot of the string arrangement for Caetano Veloso, who is my idol.
This track, rather inexplicably, reminds me of looking out a window in Rio at a rainy day, watching the mist swirl around Pão de Açucar.

No comments: